POLAND... help for the sign for NUMER

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Tue Oct 4 18:45:38 UTC 2005

Hello Val,
I hope you have had a decent rest! And now you're ready again to help me... thanks! But as to the NUMER sign, I can't get your explanation... I don't see how to know that one palm is hiding behind the other...
And could you refer to the signs I asked for a week ago? No rush, though, but I am curious to know what wrong in them was :-).

Lucy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Valerie Sutton
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 5:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [sw-l] POLAND... help for the sign for NUMER

  SignWriting List
  October 4, 2005

  Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
    A hard nut to crack! See yourself how difficult it is to write the sign for NUMER (NUMBER)! Any help is welcome...
    ?Lucy

  Hello Lucyna and Everyone!
  Yes. That is a hard sign because one hand is in front of the other. This gives me an excellent opportunity to tell you all that I have been working on improving the symbols in the IMWA, so that the white area of the palms is now really white, and not see-through....before, we would see the Index finger inside the fist symbol when we put one symbol on top of the other, but now, we can show that one symbol is truly hiding behind the other...See the attached diagram. I have placed these signs in your Polish SignPuddle: