Research into Digital Representations of Sign Language

Shane O hEorpa - UU oheorpa-s at ULSTER.AC.UK
Tue Oct 11 17:07:40 UTC 2005

Saduf,

i'm based in Belfast but i'm usually in London once a month or two -
maybe i can meet up with you and Trevor - Trevor is a cool guy.

im quite glad that youre quite interested in doing some research on
Val's signwriting - there are many notation systems - but we are trying
to make Val's signwriting made available to everyone - thats why im
having one of my senior tutors trained in this - hopefully with some
help from our extraordinary Val and our lovely Ingvild - that way Paula
can go all over the UK and Ireland training people how to use
SignWriting and all that! :-)

If u can afford it, I suggest you to go and visit Kathleen & Sara's
school in Brussels - they're SUCH lovely teachers (Kathleen non-deaf
Sara deaf - i mistook Kathleen to be deaf!) and they use SignWriting in
their school teaching SignWriting to the kids there - before my visit
there, I was sceptic about the system - but after that, im a convert!!!
:-)

We hope to have the European Sign Writers Organisation conference next
year or so...the possible location is University College London in
Central London - its not decided yet.

Shane