Summary of writing steps for SignWriting

Tue Oct 11 21:12:25 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
October 11, 2005

Stuart, Kathleen and Everyone -
You asked for feedback below, Stuart...smile... I am now getting to
my feedback (I am a little slow ;-).

This question is an important part of SignSpelling issues. I like
your term ANCHOR...that is excellent and that is what I mean when I
say... that every sign has a CENTER...

And there is a difference between the Center of a Sign, and the
Center of a Sign-Sentence...two different things...and I will discuss
that too...

I will walk us through step-by-step, the sequence I personally use
when writing 10 American signs, and 10 Flemish signs...showing you
the sequence I personally follow.

I just spoke with Kathleen Heylen from Belgium on the
telephone...great conversation! And we both feel that discussing
SignSpellings is a good idea...especially if we can find a way to
make it easy for Deaf children...

So this thread's title is changing to:

LESSONS SignSpelling Guidelines

I look forward to sharing with you!