LESSONS in SignSpelling and SignPuddle

Mon Oct 24 19:25:02 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
October 24, 2005

Hello Anny and also Steve -
Maybe Steve can have other suggestions...

But for me, after I change the sign's name in SignPuddle, and I press
the Rename Button, I then have to press the Refresh Button several
times in my web browser, sometimes two or three times, before the web
browser can empty the cache, so that you see what is really there...

As you know, web browsers hold the memory of what you saw before, in
the cache. So even when a name is changed, that cache will make you
see what was there before, even though internally the change was
made...so when you press the refresh button on your browser, and it
takes several times pressing refresh...then the cache is emptied and
you see what you really have...

When I make a small change in SignPuddle, I press the refresh button
three times and I see the sign change before my eyes to the new one...

Which browser are you using?  Val ;-)