Signs for different countries

Adam Frost icemandeaf at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 28 15:41:04 UTC 2005

I know alot of the sign for here in the US. There are several signs that I know for other countries as well, but some of them I am not sure which are the native signs and our local sign. My notes have almost 2 signs (some more) for almost every country. I would like to getting them in SignPuddle, but it is a question of time for me.
Adam
PS Charles, sorry for sending this email to you. I forgot to change the TO: to the list when I pushed reply. Opps.
-----Original Message-----
From: "Charles Butler" <chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM>
Date: 10/28/05 04:01 AM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Signs for different countries

Hector, I met you at Deaf Way II.  This is Charles Butler.  Your map is excellent.  I need to go back through my notes and do an equivalent for Brazil.

I wonder if someone has done anything like it for the USA.  Much of what I have seen has been fingerspelling, though some cities like Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Washington DC have their own signs.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
October 27, 2005

Thierry Haesenne wrote:
> I am currently drawing a SignWriting database for different
> countries in the world...
Hello Thierry!
Yes. I see that you have been very busy, adding over 360 signs since
yesterday into the French-Belgian SignPuddle - wow!

Thought you would like to see a small portion of a remarkable map,
with all the states in the country of Colombia written in SignWriting
by Hector Devia. Hector, we love this map!! This is only the bottom
portion of it. I hope to post it on the web full size, which is quite
large. But it would be fun to see a map of Europe with sign-names for
countries written in SignWriting too... Val ;-)