NORWAY: Poster presented at Special Education Conference

Fri Oct 28 18:56:22 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
October 28, 2005

Ingvild Roald from Norway wrote:
> These last two days the Norwegian Support System for Special
> Education has
> arranged a conference here in Bergen. I have had a poster made
> about the
> use of SignWriting for teaching and learning, with a few examples....

Hello Ingvild!
Thanks for sharing your Poster Presentation with us from Norway. It
is a good-looking and informative presentation...May I post the PDF
on the web?...smile...

Attached is the first section of the poster. The name for SignWriting
in Norwegian is TEGNSKRIFT. This section of the poster says: What is
SignWriting? (Hva er Tegnskrift?)...

The example of the letter written between Julio and Joanne to the
right, was written by a Deaf child (Julio) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
and a child in Canada....I will tell teachers Cecilia Flood in New
Mexico and Tini Pel in Canada...They might be amazed to know that the
letter from their students was presented in Norway this week...

Thank you for sharing with us, Ingvild!  Val ;-)