PHILIPPINES Sign for WORRY and RUB Symbols

Nana Dumitra nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT
Sat Oct 29 01:42:35 UTC 2005

Dear Val,
That makes sense, but how do I then show that the rubbing is not at the
same time, but alternating. Both hands touch the temples and rub, but
while one hand is up the other is down and vice versa. How can I show
that?
Thanks,
Nana

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Samstag, 29. Oktober 2005 08:48
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] PHILIPPINES Sign for WORRY and RUB Symbols

SignWriting List
October 28, 2005

> On Oct 27, 2005, Nana Dumitra wrote:
> Sorry for asking so many questions right now (well, I am not really
> sorry, since this is the best way for me to learn more, smile)This
> is our sign for “worry”. I am not sure about the positioning of the
> symbols for the rub and the movement. Is there a better way to
> arrange it? Any other comments on it?

Hello Nana!
Never say you are sorry...I am happy to answer questions!

Rub Symbols cannot have Circle symbols next to them. Why? Because the
Rub Symbol all by itself, means rubbing in a circle. So the Circle
Symbols are not necessary, since the Rub Symbol means a circle, while
contacting the head. I am assuming that you want to Rub the temples
of your head with your hands? Is that what you are trying to write?
smile...Val ;-)

28.10.2005