Sending Email in SignWriting ;-)

Thu Sep 1 16:56:51 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 1, 2005

Honza wrote:
> (Val, sorry I don't use SignEmail for this and other messages now -
> Czech SignPuddle is not yet skilled so I can write the whole
> difficult message, but later I'll try again I promise ;-)  )
> Honza

Hello Honza and Everyone!
I know. It is hard to discuss technical subjects in signed languages
anyway, because I know, in my case anyway, I do not know all the
technical signs for some of these terms......and then there is the
fact that the SignMail program is based on glosses and those special
terms would have to be added to the dictionary first...so no doubt
the SignMail program needs to evolve to solve some of these issues
and I am sure it will someday...

But something is better than nothing! I am grateful for the SignMail
program!

I received private email from two Deaf people from other countries
who have recently joined the List, and they told me they prefer the
SignMail email messages, over the "just-English" messages, even if it
is in a Sign Language they do not use themselves, because the
combination of the signs along with the word-translations in the
comments below gives them a better understanding of the messages...

So I will try myself again too!

Thanks for thinking of this, Honza -