SignWriting in Prague and Warsaw!

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Sat Sep 3 17:57:25 UTC 2005

> Wow! SignWriting being discussed in Prague! It sounds so romantic. I
> always think of Prague as a center for art and ballet! And I keep
> thinking of the bookstore in Warsaw with computers too! Are you still
> writing from the bookstore, Lucyna?

No, now I have the Internet at home again. And there are no computers in the
bookstore. The bookstore offers a free wireless Intenternt connection, so I
used my own notebook (laptop) with a WiFi card inside to connect to the
Internet :-). There are many other hot spots in Warsaw. Some are free, some
are not, some are in regular cafes, so you have to buy a cup of coffee or
anything, in order to use the web...

> I am so amazed and happy about all this...I am glad that SignWriting  is
> useful to you in Poland and the Czech Republic...

I'm also happy as I visited Prague and met Honza and Tomas althoug I didn't
believe I managed to do that so soon :-)

> And you should feel very good about the hard work you have already
> done...your SignPuddles are building, so there is much we can talk  about!

Oh, yeah! My vacation was so long that now I must roll up my sleeves! :-/

> Maybe sending email to your friends in SignWriting will spread the  idea
> faster...I hope to do the same here in the US with my friends  now...it
> will be interesting to see how they react! Most Americans  don't know this
> even exists...

The Deaf in Warsaw are waiting for the SW course that is to start the with
the nearest issue of Swiat Ciszy... Btw,  I have already written an article
on the Brussels symposium and it will be published in that issue of Swiat
Ciszy! With Stefan's photos! :-)

Lucy