writing signlanguage - written and 'spoken' language

Sat Sep 3 19:15:27 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 3, 2005

Very interesting message, Ingvild!

Writing email with the SignMail program, in SignWriting, has not
started yet, for you in Norway, and I know it will take time...but
when you do start doing that, you will find that email in SignWriting
has its own unique feeling to it too - SignWriting Email may develop
its own writing conventions...So far, we have been able to quote each
other, and then make comments, just like spoken language
mail...amazing! And we can switch back and forth between different
countries because we are using glosses...which is rather fun...for me
to send email with German signs is really fun!!

Val ;-)