POLAND... the spelling of Antarktyda

Sun Sep 4 21:05:42 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 4, 2005

On Sep 4, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> Hmm... I am about to give up... I thought the symbol in the middle
> of the diagram is for the thumb sticking up... I'm worried :-/
> Lucy

Smile...Do not be worried. This is why I am here...to explain what is
happening with the writing system. This is a very old symbol, and it
is one that needs to be updated badly.

Stefan already changed the symbol in his new book. And this means
that I will have to add a variation to the symbol in the IMWA, but I
have not gotten to that yet...

The old SignWriter DOS program still types it this old way, and so we
are caught between the old writing and the new writing.

For now, I am trying to explain the OLD writing of this symbol, which
is all we have in the IMWA right now, and in all other computer
programs too...

If you go to this E-lesson, you can see the explanation for it ...

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less016.html

as you can see attached: