Thumbs in the L and 10 handshapes

Sun Sep 4 23:00:54 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 4, 2005

Everyone -
Regarding thumbs...

In Stefan's new book, he presents the 10 handshape exactly like the L
handshape, but without the index finger. That is more logical because
it fits with our other palm facings...that is what I mean when I say
I have to make this change to the IMWA...

Once the change is made to the IMWA, then the Lessons in SignWriting
textbooks all have to be changed too...although I suppose we could
just create an additions page stating that this is the new way we do
this etc...

Stefan...do you have diagrams we can use from your book, teaching the
10 handshape in this new way? Do we have permission to use your
drawings from your book? That would help standardize the writing
system faster...I hope you will agree...Val ;-)