SignWriting Links

Tue Sep 13 20:58:34 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 13, 2005

Hello Charles -
Yes. Of course it could be under USA. I used to have it under
that....And the term Arabic Nations has also been controversial, but
that is what Mohammed requested and it at least explains it when you
go to the Arabic section, that he is talking about 9 nations I believe.

Regarding the international term for the American continents....
technically we are talking about "the Americas" versus "America". The
truth is that many people around the world, when they say America,
they are talking about the US, but when they say North America or
South America or Central America, or the Americas, they are talking
about the continents...

But I can change that if you feel it is not politically correct...

American Sign Language however, is used in several countries and that
is a name of a language and not a country...so that is a separate
issue...

Val ;-)