Downloading SignBank

Geoffrey Hunt geoffrey_hunt at SIL.ORG
Wed Sep 14 09:25:33 UTC 2005

  _____

From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: 14 September 2005 10:06
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Downloading SignBank

SignWriting List
September 14, 2005

Geoffrey Hunt wrote:

I think I we are talking about the same download. I downloaded it and was
unable to unzip it in Windows, it seemed to contain too many individual
graphics files, 20,000+. Would it be possible to divide the zip file into
several parts?

Hello Geoffrey!
Thanks for telling me. Let us first be sure we are talking about the same
download...there are so many on our sites...

Recently Tim Grove (I believe) downloaded all the symbols of the IMWA in one
large file, and that is over 26,000 tiny graphics files...are you referring
to that kind of download? Or do you really mean SignBank, which is a
different download. Charles and I were discussing downloading SignBank
Runtime for Windows on this web page:

http://www.SignBank.org/downloads

Are you saying that you could not unzip SignBank Runtime? If so, I need to
know...Was the file you tried to unzip named SignBank Runtime?

Breaking up the IMWA download that Tim tried could be done, but breaking up
the SignBank Runtime download is another story...I would have to hire a
programmer to find out how to separate those files because it is a
relational database...

I look forward to hearing from you -