NORWAY Writing Tense Lips With Tongue

Sun Sep 18 18:57:42 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 18, 2005

On Sep 4, 2005, Valerie Ingvild wrote:
> NORWEGIAN SIGN LANGUAGE Mouth and Tongue
> Ingvild asked me, several weeks ago, to discuss a way to write the
> following two mouth positions...

Dear SW List Members, and Ingvild ...
After discussing different ways to write these Norwegian Sign
Language tongue positions, the following two symbols have been
developed...see attached diagram. I will be placing them in the IMWA.
It may be that some people will prefer the second one over the first,
and that is ok. Just inform me about how people react to these
symbols, when they read them...

I hope these help with your SignWriting presentation in Norway on
Tuesday, Ingvild! Congrats on that!