FRANCE Sign for Etudiant

Juliette Dalle Juliette.Dalle at WANADOO.FR
Tue Sep 20 22:45:45 UTC 2005

Hu hu hu

I saw the sign in the first in the dictionnary before your mail..
Smile... I keep 2 signs (etudiant-31 and etudiant-31_2).  ^_^

Thanks for the proposal about the arrow, I see clear the difference now
between separated and connected finger movement arrow.. Smile.. The
pics help a lot.. Mabye again in the next time !

I don't ask yet at Mathilde for the SignBank. :-)

Juliette

Le mercredi, 21 sep 2005, à 00:06 Europe/Paris, Valerie Sutton a écrit :

> SignWriting List
> September 20, 2005
>
> On Sep 20, 2005, at 3:05 PM, Juliette Dalle wrote:
>
> Hm... The slipping symbol isn't enough ? Is it a contact symbol, isn't
> it ?
>

> Hello Juliette and Charles -
> It would be incorrect to use a contact symbol at the end. Perhaps,
> Charles, you are thinking of the old way we used to write back in the
> early 1980's?  We can go into the history of the writing system and
> why we do not use the contact symbol there now in another message ;-)
>
> So Juliette, there are exactly two ways to write this sign...one
> without the ending position (simple), and one with the ending position
> (detailed). Both are correct. Here they are attached. Also, notice in
> the second one, that the little Finger Movement Arrows are separated
> rather than connected to each other...Would you like to discuss that
> detail? smile...You are doing great and I am only discussing so much
> because I know you said you are interested in details ;-)
>
> I hope Mathilde got her SignBank package by now in the postal mail?
> You can install SignBank on your Mac with the same CDs that Mathilde
> can use for her PC...it is for both computers...and I am happy to
> help... be sure to use the SignBank Runtime file... Val ;-)

<image.tiff>