The 10 Handshape

Wed Sep 21 19:23:55 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 21, 2005

Dear SW List Members:
As you may have read in previous messages, the 10 Handshape is going
through a change. That change has already been documented in Stefan's
new book on SignWriting ;-))

And Stefan provided great photos for me to use to teach the symbol in
this new way, once the new symbol is accessible in the IMWA. Teaching
the new symbol will be a joy...So thank you, Stefan, for those photos!

Older software programs will not have this new 10 handshape. I am
only making the change in the IMWA.

The IMWA is used currently in three programs:  SignPuddle, SignBank
and SymbolBank. Once the new symbol is working in those three
programs, then I can start preparing the teaching materials.

I hope the software will be working by the end of this week, if
possible - or perhaps next week...

Just wanted you all to know that I had not forgotten!