BELGIUM Frans and Frankrijk

Sat Sep 24 15:12:37 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 24, 2005

On Sep 22, 2005, Kasterlinden Bilinguaal wrote:
> thank you for the explanation ;) I don't have to destroy the t-
> shirts ;)
Ha! I am glad! ;-))

> The suggestion you made is I think most correct, but I'm happy to
> see I didn't make a big mistake. Glad to see my SW-instinct is
> getting better :) As you know one sign can have many different
> forms.. deppending on the person signing it ;)

Yes. That is true. But even so, it is great to have photos or video
clips to show one person signing the signs, because otherwise I might
think we are writing a totally different sign, so it is good to
verify the possible spellings with a photo or video...

> Yes, please tell me why the arrow is in front of the handshape?
> Sometimes it's not very clear to me where I have to place these
> when constructing a sign. :s

Wonderful. I will do that next message...

> I don't really use the handshape Kristof uses in French, see that's
> what I meant by 'different' forms depending on the signer. ;)
Of course you may not personally, but meanwhile, in your Flemish
SignPuddle, the sign for Frankrijk did have that handshape, and it
was the wrong handshape, if the written sign is supposed to be using
the same handshape that Kristof used in the videoclip for Frans...

I corrected it in your SignPuddle...so you will need to take a look
at  it...any sign I add has my name on it as the source ;-)

See attached. The sign that I entered has the thumb on the inside of
the index finger, but the original written sign (below it) has the
thumb on the outside of the index finger. Which is correct?