There is a solution for the 10 handshape! ;-)

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Sun Sep 25 16:14:54 UTC 2005

Val,
Like you said, the thumb is different that the fingers.  Yet, the
symbols where we use a thumb mimic the ones for fingers.  Which begs the
question why?  If the thumb, by virtue of being different, is given a
different symbol, would the problem resolve itself?  Let's say, for
example, that we use a small arc for the thumb, could this give us the
definition we need?

Bill