10 Handshape

Wed Sep 28 03:02:32 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 27, 2005

Adam Frost wrote:
> Ok. Then I did misunderstand that symbol as being a flat hand
> verses a fist, but everything else was correct. :-) Hmm...That's
> too bad because that would have really made it clear, I think.

Yes. You are right that the 10 hand in 05 is looking at the Heel of
the fisted hand, which is fascinating and maybe someday we can have a
symbol for that too...so that is a cool idea!

But meanwhile, can you understand how we are writing it at the
moment? Look at the number 10 in ASL...we are writing the hand like
the S hand parallel to the floor and then the thumb line sticks
up...This is what we will use for the next year or so to see how it
goes...I hope you feel it is readable...