10 Handshape

Barbara Pennacchi barbara.pennacchi at ISTC.CNR.IT
Wed Sep 28 08:49:05 UTC 2005

> I love the Heel-of-Hand symbol (see attached) and you are the first
> person to mention it...I would love to share some signs that are hard
> to write, that the Heel Symbol solves...The Heel Symbol represents
> seeing the Flat Hand base, projected forward, or at least the base of
> the hand has to be Flat, so you are looking at the wrist or the heel
> of the hand, and the rest of the flat hand is hidden behind the
> heel...and then fingers can be added etc...

There is a problem: at a first glance it's really easy to mistake one set
of the Heel-of-Hand Symbols with the fist symbol, because the differences
are really minimal (maybe the rectangle should be MORE "rectanglish"?)

(remember, I'm on --temporary-- caffeine withdrawal :)

| Barbara Pennacchi               barbara.pennacchi (at) istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|       Via S. Martino della Battaglia 44, 00185 Roma, Italia        |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |