New 10 Handshape in SignPuddle now!

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 28 12:37:28 UTC 2005

Hi Charles and all,

we have to remember that we have two viewpoints to choose from (this has
nothing to do receptive or expressive), the *forward* view and the *bird's
perspective*. When we write the *forward* view, the hand symbol is whole, it
is not broken. When we write the *bird's pesrpective*, the hand symbol has a
broken line. Shade in *bird's perspective* means back of hand down,
half-shade means back of hand to the side (or forward or back, depending).
So you cannot go by shade alone, you have to see shade *and*
whole-or-broken. Thus some of the symbols in this drawing are wrong

Ingvild