New 10 Handshape in SignPuddle now!

Wed Sep 28 14:34:01 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 28, 2005

On Sep 28, 2005, at 6:05 AM, Steve Slevinski wrote:
> I don't like the change.  When I read 5a, I see the thumb going
> forward because I'm looking down from above.  5b, I can read
> correctly, but it seems overly complicated to just give a thumbs up.

Steve -
The thumbs up symbol is the same in the old and the new!! That is the
ONE symbol that did not change...so that is funny...I think you may
not realize what we had before...

Obviously you could always write the thumbs up with a white palm, and
that was always clear and still is... no matter which version we
use... but if the thumbs up is projecting forward then we are using
the same symbol in old and new...or at least very close...