History of British Sign Language (BSL)?

Sun Apr 2 05:37:57 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 1st, 2006

Frank wrote:
> Has your French student tried the internet Web
> for a site for the British Deaf Association?

Thanks for the information, Frank!

Smile...the student is not my French student! I have never met her
before. People write to me all the time for general information, and
so we try to help when we can.

It was great that you mentioned Mary Brennan. She was a part of my
early career when I lived in Denmark, I visited her in Scotland and
presented at her lab, and we also met several times in Copenhagen
while I was teaching there...SignWriting was used in the Danish
School System to teach Deaf children from 1982 to 1988...so I was in
Copenhagen training teachers at the time...we shared common friends.
I was sad at her recent passing...Val ;-)