SignWriting in Denmark 1982 ;-)

Sun Apr 2 06:58:31 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 1, 2006

Frank wrote:
> I noticed the memorial for her in the BSL web site.
>    Did you also know Britta Hansen, Val, the Denmark Interpreter?

Yes, Frank! It was because of Britta, that I knew Mary Brennan.
Britta's first husband, an interpreter in Scotland and England,
worked with Mary at the time I presented at Mary's lab in Scotland...

Do you know Britta Hansen, Frank?

Britta Hansen had a profound influence on SignWriting. Britta was the
director of the Deaf Center for Total Kommunikation in Copenhagen and
was the person who invited me to teach SignWriting to the teachers
and was one of those who decided to use SignWriting in the Danish
School System...That was back in 1982...

SignWriting in Denmark
http://www.SignWriting.org/denmark

you can read about Britta on the above web page...Here is a photo of
me with Britta. I am teaching SignWriting on the left, and Britta
interpreted for me, standing to the right...great memory! We made the
front page of the local Deaf magazine, Dove Bladet ;-))