SW - animated receptive point of view

Mon Apr 10 21:05:28 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 10, 2006

Juliette -
I think all three of your animations are Expressive, and so are
Stefan's animations too...

Stefan's animations
http://www.MovementWriting.org/animation/sgn-DE

Juliette's animations
http://www.MovementWriting.org/animation/sgn-FR

Only the Brazilian animation and the DanceWriting animations are
Receptive...

Movement Writing Animation
http://www.MovementWriting.org/animation

Juliette - were you able to download Camino so you can view the
Brazilian animation?

Download Camino
http://www.caminobrowser.org/

By the way, when it comes to animations, obviously they can be done
from either viewpoint...it depends on what the animation is for...if
it is for teaching the reading and writing of signs as instruction
for Deaf Children, then it probably should be the way they write,
which is Expressive...

and yes, this is an important point...SignWriting has helped people
move from the receptive nature of old style dictionaries and videos,
into the modern world of giving Deaf people and all signers the power
of their own expression...namely Expressive writing from your own
point of view...

And animation just highlights this new world...smile...

I look forward to more complete Sign Language sentences animated in
SignWriting from the Expressive View, like Stefan's sentence in
German Sign Language...it would be nice to have one in ASL
someday...smile... ;-)

Val ;-)