downloading signpuddle

Tue Apr 11 16:18:36 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 11, 2006

------------------------

> Hi Honza,
>
> You can download SignText and the contents of the SignPuddle
> dictionaries, but not the SignPuddle code.
> If you are interested in running your own SignPuddle Server, you
> should talk with Val privately.
>
> Regards,
> -Steve

-------------------------

Hello Everyone and Honza, and Steve!

Great to get email from the Czech Republic once more, Honza...Thanks
for your question above. And yes, Steve is right, there are
two....well actually three... ways to use SignPuddle and SignText:

1. Free Online on the Web (as always ;-)

SignPuddle and SignText
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

2. Download SignText for a Single Computer
This is a free version for individual computers.

Download SignText and Reference Manual
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index.html#SignTextEditor

3. Private SignPuddle Server for a Private Computer Network
Research or publishing groups pay a one-time fee for the source code,
to setup a private SignPuddle Server for their private computer
network. The one-time fee includes one full year of technical support
from Steve Slevinski, the developer of SignPuddle and also a year
technical support from Valerie Sutton who can teach the group how to
use SignWriting, how to use the software, and how to prepare
SignWriting publications.

So Honza, I believe your group at the University would benefit from
number 3 above, but it takes time for us to talk about this, so for
right now, perhaps you can try number 2 above, personally, and let me
teach you how to use the new SignText on your own private computer....

Write again when you have downloaded SignText (number 2 above)...

And talk to your University about a Private SignPuddle
Server...perhaps they have funding for their project?....I look
forward to talking with them...They can write to me at my email
address below...

Val ;-)
Sutton at SignWriting.org