Opening Fingers from a Fist use dots...

Wed Apr 19 15:14:33 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 19, 2006

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> Hi, Philip. I looked at SignWriting_10. If I understand the spelling
> rules right, we have to show movements from inside out. If you look at
> Valerie's examples under AMAZEMENT, she seems to follows this
> approach. So if we do a hollow and filled dot, I think maybe it needs
> to be spelled like SignWriting_11?

Hello Stuart, Philippe, Stefan and Everyone!

Ha! This is fun...

Thank you Philippe, for adding SignWriting 10. It is much better! And
Stuart is correct in SignWriting 11, that when we have groups of
Movement Symbols, the rule is that we read the symbols in the group
that are closer to the center first...so SignWriting 11 tells us that
both hands open first, and close second...

Please see attached diagram....