Create Vocabulary Lists with SignText Offline

Sun Apr 23 21:59:11 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 23, 2006

HOW TO
Create Vocabulary Lists with SignText Offline

1. Download the newest version of SignText:
http://signbank.org/signpuddle/signtext.zip

2. Download the SignText Reference Manual
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs3/sw0244-SignText-Instruction.pdf

3. Read the Manual page by page...
Good idea to review every page to understand the program...

4. Use SignText to create a vocabulary list, not a sentence
Create all your signs in one long list...maybe five or ten signs at
most, in one long list, in SignText offline
(if you do not know how to do this, please ask and I will explain in
more detail)

5. Press the Options Button
To save your vocabulary list, you MUST press the Options Button first...

6. Save the Vocabulary List by Bookmarking It in Firefox
Give each Vocabulary List a unique name in bookmarks, like Verbs 1,
Verbs 2, Verbs 3
(If you do not know how to do this, please ask and I will explain in
more detail)

Three ways to save signs as PNGS...(I thought there were two ways,
but Steve just taught be a third way!!)...

Diagram Below...
Be sure you are in Options, to save your Vocabulary Lists...