FRENCH-SWISS Sign for FROMAGER

Sun Apr 30 22:42:33 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
April 30, 2006

On Apr 30, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> when I use the special "2 hands-in-contact-move-together- arrow" as
> in this
> specific sign /FROMAGER/ (the man who makes cheese)... do I HAVE TO
> write
> the star for contact... or is it not necessary... as when reading
> the arrow
> one can see that the hands stay in contact moving together in a circle

When I read the sign for FROMAGER (see attached), I read two hands
contacting and moving together in the same direction...they are
stirring somthing in a circle twice. The General Arrowhead is correct
in that case. It is best to use the Contact Star too, I think....

If the hands RUB, like in COFFEE, the Contact Star is the RUB symbol
itself, and Touch star is not needed with the RUB symbol...