Portable Firefox

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 2 23:41:25 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
August 2, 2006

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> If this might be of interest to people, especially if you are doing
> more "portable" work with SignWriting and computers, I thought I
> would pass it along. It is about a "portable" version of Firefox
> that can run from a USB drive or from a CD.  FYI ...
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS4837753834.html

Wow! Cool. Thanks for telling us...that is a major step forward...it
means you can carry SignWriting with you, because if you save your
documents as bookmarks in Firefox, you can plug your usb stick into
another computer and access your documents in SignWriting...

It would solve my silly problem not knowing how to export a bookmark
between computers...if I could plug in a usb stick with my bookmarks
into different computers, the concept of exporting would become
unnecessary...

As you know, there is a Pocket Puddle in development right now:

SignPuddle Services
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs4/sw0337-SignPuddle-Services.pdf