Fingerspelling in vertical columns

Sun Aug 6 01:57:22 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
August 5, 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 6:09 PM, Cherie Wren wrote:
> I would love to test it.  I got my new computer this
> weekend, so I can do some work at home, now.  I don't
> have filemaker at home, I can see if we have it at
> work.  And depending on how similar it is to the old
> SignBank-- which I couldn't figure out at all!
> ::smile:: cherie

Hello Cherie and Everyone!
That is great. Thank you. But you will need FileMaker 7, or 8 or 8.5
to run SignBank 8. It will not open in any version before FileMaker
7. And SignBank 8 is not on the web yet, because it is not ready yet.

SignBank has several databases that work side by side. Each database
works differently than the other database because each database has a
different purpose....So we need to start with one database and learn
it, and then go on to the next one and learn it, and so forth...

The manuals are out of date and have to be re-written, so maybe we
should wait until I have those done, so you won't feel so frustrated
as before. I am afraid it may take me the month of August to complete
the manuals...

It will also take me the month of August to get donated copies of
FileMaker for people...

I want to complete your one story Jack and Jill with the long credits
and ASL poetry explanation, and make our first PDF from the Document
Maker, and then share it with you.

So September is going to be the exciting month, but August is just
catching up with so many projects half finished ;-)

Congrats on getting a new computer! What kind did you get?

And I hope your new school year is going well...