Fingerspelling in vertical columns

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Mon Aug 7 12:43:58 UTC 2006

no, I figured that out alright.  Once I get in Signbank, nothing does
anything.  I can scroll thru a list of 259 signs in the dictionary, but I
can't add or change anything.   I click on new record...  and nothing
happens.  I click on other buttons... and nothing happens.  I can get the
symbols in the far right grid to change by clicking on the arrows above
them, I can get the handshape list to scroll by clicking in the scrollbar.
 That's about all I can figure out how to do.  I am normally pretty good
at figuring how to work programs by 'playing' with them.  This one has me
baffled.  And as far as ease of use-- I like SignText MUCH MUCH better.
Not counting that I cant use SignBank--  the interface is just awkward.  I
have to click thru all the movement arrows before I can find the specific
list I need.  Of course, I may be doing it all wrong.  ::grin::  I am SO
looking forward to the new one!

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

"Ingvild Roald" <iroald at HOTMAIL.COM>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
08/07/2006 06:08 AM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] Fingerspelling in vertical columns

Hi Cherie and Val and all,

the SignBank has one irritating twich (I think this is inherent to the
Filemaker):

You have to clikc 'Navigate' to open, and if you close any one window, you

shut the whole thing down. So amybe this is the reason you har trouble,
Cherie?

Ingvild