spelling help

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 9 02:44:16 UTC 2006

I can read this sign just fine, it says exactly what you mean to say, and I've seen it in action.  They may meen "feeling finger" for "hooked 8 hand".

  Charles

CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:

I am trying to spell this sign...  Its in a reading program for Deaf kids called Fairview, if any of you are familiar with it...  They use it as a sign for "give out," meaning exhausted, too tired to do anything.  They have it glossed as "fall flat,"  and describe it as "legs on open palm, back"  Here is my rough attempt to write what I think they mean:

      Is it spelled reasonably correctly?  The V hand falls with a loop-di-loop, then smacks onto the open palm, then pulls back along the hand.

 We are trying to show how SW can be integrated with current teaching materials to make everyone's life easier.

Another gloss they have for "Give out" is 'fall flat 2'-- "flat hand on open palm, back"  and one glossed as exhausted-- "hooked 8s to open 5s"   I know what "closed fists to open 5s" is (another one on the same card), but I can't figure out the hooked 8s...  Do any of you know which signs these phrases might be referring to?

Thanks for all your help!

Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.