spelling help

eghoffma at UMICH.EDU eghoffma at UMICH.EDU
Wed Aug 9 17:50:32 UTC 2006

Hi - I was looking through the dynamics and I'm wondering if there are
any symbols to represent whether a sign is being performed more slowly
than usual? Or more quickly? I see that tension can be represented, but
that doesn't quite seem to suit my need here. For example, I'm doing a
transcript in which a fluent signer is conversing with a homesigner
from a rural area. At the beginning of the conversation he performs a
lot of signs more slowly and much bigger than would normally done. Is
there a way to convey this? Other than arrows for large straight
movements (it is tricky with curved or circular movement, I agree)?
Thanks,
Erika

Quoting CWren at doe.k12.ga.us: