When writing a document in SW...

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Aug 22 13:15:13 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
August 22, 2006

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> If the document is created in landscape mode, I think paragraph
> breaks could be done much like it is with horizontal writing ...
> just insert a little extra space horizontally.  Another possibility
> we could borrow from English writing is the use of indentation to
> represent paragraph breaks.

Exactly! And thanks to your suggestion to use landscape mode,
SignBank Document Maker now creates the vertical columns in landscape
mode...so thank you for that suggestion. Shorter columns are easier
to read for some reason and it is a good idea...and spaces are easy
enough...

> Another thought that occurred to me is using something like a short
> thin line drawn vertically by itself to the left upper corner of
> the beginning of the paragraph. That could visually indicate a
> start of paragraph. If it is always written flush with the top
> margin, that could be sufficient to mark the paragraph. Maybe
> Valerie has something else.

No I don't have something else, so that is an interesting idea...

Can you write that in SignText and send it to the List in SignText
email for us? I would like to see that!

Thanks for your good ideas!