Symbol consistancy?

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 23 09:07:47 UTC 2006

Now I understand what Adam is talking about.  The third and sixth column are inconsistent on this handshape as the index finger should be on the left of the lower c handshape to be consistent with the index finger for the "1" handshape and the "D" handshape.

  Charles

Adam Frost <adam at frostvillage.com> wrote:
    I think I was a little vague with words because I am talking about the next level of order. Since I am now at a desktop computer, I can sceen copy what I meant.

  This screen shot from SignText first shows the set of symbols that I was refering to, and the second is the base symbol that I was compareing. Notice that the third and sixth columns are ordered differently.

  Adam

  On 8/22/06, Valerie Sutton <signwriting at mac.com > wrote:   SignWriting List
August 22, 2006

Adam Frost wrote:

> I was doing some symbol work (for my website) and I noticed that
> some symbols aren't ordered consistantly. The one that I caught was
> 01-01-003-01-03 compared to 01-01-001-01-03. I went to SignText and
> it looks as if 01-01-004, 01-01-005, and 01-01-006 have the same
> difference. Is this supposed to be different?

Hello Adam!
Thanks for this message. Attached is a screen capture of the symbols
you mention and they correct and consistent. Is it possible that your
browser's cache is overloaded and needs to be cleared? yesterday I
received a phone call from someone who said that the symbols looked
weird in Firefox and when she cleared the cache and cleared the
history in Firefox, presto, everything looked good again! So to test
this, try accessing the same symbols in another browser to see if
they look the same in the other browser...

Looking at the attached diagram, each index-finger handshape has a
different shape for the base of the handshape...circle for D hand,
open-C, oval, angle and so forth, make the handshapes different from
each other...

Does this help?  Val ;-)