Symbol consistancy?

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 23 10:52:26 UTC 2006

I agree with you Adam.  This seems to be systematic.  Here are several handshapes that show that pattern.  The third column does not follow from the system for the handshapes shown.  I'm looking at where the index finger and thumb appear on all the handshapes systematically and there does seem to be a switch at some point that I would disagree with.  The thumb does not switch sides between palm toward you and palm away from you and that should be consistent.  It seems to be happening any time the fingers are curved.  The mirrors aren't working.

                     but  should be mirror image, compare         but  should be mirror image, compare          inconsistent         inconsistent        note, this should be pointed the other way, the third column is fine, the thumb should be switching sides as the palm is turned.                                        note, this should be pointed the other way, the 3rd column is fine, the thumb should be switching sides as the palm is turned.        note, this should be pointed the other way, the 3rd column is fine, the thumb should be switching sides as the palm is turned.                     note, this should be pointed the other way, the third column is fine, the thumb should be switching sides as the palm is turned.  This should be the mirror image of the third column.         note, this should be turned the other way, the third column is fine, the thumb should be switching sides as the palm is turned.  This should be the mirror image of the third column.        note,
 this should be pointed the other way, the third column is fine, the thumb should be switching sides as the palm is turned.  This should be the mirror image of the third column.         note, this should be pointed the other way, the third column is fine, the thumb and index finger should be switching sides as the palm is turned.  This should be the mirror image of the third column.        note, this should be turned the other way, the third column is fine, the thumb and index finger should be switching sides as the palm is turned.  This should be the mirror image of the third column.        note, this should be turned the other way, the third column is fine, the thumb and index finger should be switching sides as the palm is turned.  This should be the mirror image of the third column.        note, this should be turned the other way, the third column is fine, the thumb and the index finger should be switching sides as the palm is turned.  This should be the mirror image
 of the third column.    Compare it to this.                       note, this should be turned the other way, the fingers come toward you, not away from you.  The thumb comes in from the RIGHT side.   The third column is fine.  Compare                note, this should be turned the other way, the fingers come toward you, not away from you, compare .  I haven't suddenly lost my index finger and the thumb comes in from the RIGHT side.               , sorry, this should be turned the other way, the thumb is clearly pointing toward you, so the thumb should be on the RIGHT, not the left.        ditto above.        ditto above.                                   I think this may be wrong, as the 3rd column is not its mirror image.             I don't understand this handshape        not consistent with  should be mirror image.            THIS should be mirror image.  The thumb is clearly on the LEFT.        should be mirror image.  Thumb is not visible but its the same handshape
 as above.        should be mirror image.  Compare         should be mirror image.  Compare         shoud be mirror image.  Compare         This is as far as I can get today.  Generally, the inconsistency seems to happen whenever the fingers are curved or touching each other.  My rule is to follow the THUMB or the FOREFINGER and write them first.  If they are on the side that is actually in front of you, then the rest of the fingers have to follow.     Charles Butler

Adam Frost <icemandeaf at gmail.com> wrote:
  I was doing some symbol work (for my website) and I noticed that some symbols aren't ordered consistantly. The one that I caught was 01-01-003-01-03 compared to 01-01-001-01-03. I went to SignText and it looks as if 01-01-004, 01-01-005, and 01-01-006 have the same difference. Is this supposed to be different?
Adam