Current projects

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 23 15:50:39 UTC 2006

Well, I don't know that they are exactly active project as I am working almost 50 hours a week now. (Not much time to do anything else, but I try to do a little here and there.) It might be more of a "To-Do list". One that you (and those on the TeachASL list) may have seen is that I am working on making an ASL dictionary. (This will be a true monolingual dictionary of ASL like English has.) Another is to creat a fully intergated email service completely in ASL. (I have been studying up on a lot of programming codes to work it.) And as always, I am trying to see what ways it would be possible to create a "SignWriter" for everyday application. (I have some good leads.)
But as I said before, it is a truly slow process because I don't have much time. (It could be a good thing as well because technology improves everyday, so that means better leads!)
Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at MAC.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:36:44
To:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Symbol consistancy?

SignWriting List
August 23, 2006

Adam Frost wrote:
> I am sorry if it seemed I was saying it was inconsistant. I was
> mearly saying it seemed there was one. Thanks for the
> clearification. It makes so much sence now. I knew there had to be
> a reason, but I just wasn't seeing it, so I had to ask. :-)
> Adam

Hello Adam!
Oh I am so glad you did ask...and no apologies necessary...please
forgive me if I hadn't made it clear before...

What is good about this is that it shows how much you are using
SignWriting that you noticed that...it takes an advanced writer to
realize these things...and I suspect that the subject of 10 palm
facings will come up again and again, from time to time...and cannot
be avoided...

One of the many projects I would like to do, is to write an ASL story
about our time at the NAD Conference. I have all the great photos,
which you haven't seen yet, and I started the story, but my ASL is
not that good and it would be great if you, or Stuart or Philippe
could either write the story yourselves in SignText, or, I can write
my story the best I can and post it to the List and then could you
correct my ASL grammar?

What are your projects right now, Adam?