Current projects

Wed Aug 23 16:54:02 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
August 23, 2006

Adam Frost wrote:
> Well, I don't know that they are exactly active project as I am
> working almost 50 hours a week now. (Not much time to do anything
> else, but I try to do a little here and there.) It might be more of
> a "To-Do list".

I know you work full time and it must be hard to do other projects
too...I appreciate your help with our exhibit table at the NAD
conference...I feel so fortunate you were there to help and to
explain SignWriting to people who walked by our table...smile...

> One that you (and those on the TeachASL list) may have seen is that
> I am working on making an ASL dictionary. (This will be a true
> monolingual dictionary of ASL like English has.)

Wow. This is great. A little like the Sign-Definitions you did for
our SignBank project...

> Another is to creat a fully intergated email service completely in
> ASL. (I have been studying up on a lot of programming codes to work
> it.) And as always, I am trying to see what ways it would be
> possible to create a "SignWriter" for everyday application. (I have
> some good leads.)

Great!

> But as I said before, it is a truly slow process because I don't
> have much time. (It could be a good thing as well because
> technology improves everyday, so that means better leads!)

Yes. Technology keeps changing and driving us all crazy...but you are
right that waiting five minutes, you will have different technology
to work with!

Thanks for all your input, Adam and good luck with your projects!