Belgium: back to school :)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 30 21:01:01 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
August 30, 2006

Kasterlinden Bilinguaal in Flanders wrote:
> a new schoolyear is about to start. We are making sure SignWriting
> (GebarenSchrift) is a part of it ;)

Wonderful!

>  Me and my colleagues made a "school slogan". I was wondering if
> you would check the signs for me :-) particularly the sign
> 'applaus'. The rotation of the arm, did I make it correctly?

Let us imagine you are sitting in my office...We are having coffee
together (grin...I love coffee ;-)...

And I read your signs, but I don't know what they mean...To test to
see if you have written the movements correctly, I would sign them
for you, reading from your page, exactly what you wrote, without
connecting it to any meaning...

Then you can see me sign it, and if I sign it correctly, then you
know your writing is correct!

So here are your signs (see attached)...next message I will write in
English, exactly how I read those movements and you can check to see
if the writing is what you want...smile...

Many thanks!