How long does it take to learn?

Jason Hopkins codenosher at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 15 21:08:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

Just so you know, I'm probing a bit for some research I'm doing :)

From your experiences, how long does it take for your average Deaf person to learn SW good enough to read most things?  I know this is pretty vague, but I'd like to know about what you've experienced yourself or in training classes.

I'd also like to know how many people are using SW on a daily basis, and in what ways.  I have seen the cards and a couple of emails, but in what ways are you using this on a daily basis for meaningful communication outside of the handful of grade schools I've seen listed.

Does anyone leave coworkers notes in SW?  Look around your computer, on a bulletin board or on your fridge, do you have notes to yourself or others in SW?  I'd really like to know how the deaf Deaf are using SW on a daily basis.

-Jason

http://mail.yahoo.com