conditional sentence

Liz Harvey metaloma at SHAW.CA
Fri Feb 3 20:37:17 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I’m having some major frustration here…

I can see everything just fine on my computer, but when I try to print it out, all I get is the text, but not the signwriting images.  I am using Outlook as my mail program, and I’m running XP Pro.  Can anyone tell me what to do?

Liz Harvey

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu [mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 10:04 AM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] conditional sentence

SignWriting List
February 3, 2006

Cherie wrote:
Then I did the third sign wrong, because that is the right hand taking the milk (presumably from the refrigerator) and placing it over to the left, where it gets left. Its a 'handle' classifier, miming the placement of the milk container. How could I make that more clear?

Please see attached diagram...

I believe I understand the sentence...If I don't, then please correct me. Judging from what I have seen in other ASL sentences, I might have placed the entire last section of that sentence, where it is discussing the fact that the milk sat outside the fridge for a long time and became spoiled...I might place that whole last section in the Left Lane, since the milk is placed over to the left...Take a look at Ingvild's excellent sentence which she just posted...Use the Left Lane button when you want to desribe something over to the Left...

Suppose, Milk, Take out of Fridge...Center Lane

Sit outside of Fridge maybe in Left Lane?

Next section describing the milk would be in the Left Lane?...

take a look at your body when you sign it...are you doing a tiny shift over to the Left when you are describing the milk? That is the Left Lane