AW: [sw-l] ASL Sign for Chemotherapy?

Sat Feb 4 14:53:16 UTC 2006

Hi Bill,

attached you find my suggestion how to write the sign as I understand your
description.

There are always several different options ... smile – and it depends on how
detailed the spelling is needed.

Looking at your spelling – the palm is down not up – so this way it is
difficult for the pinky to touch the breast.

All the best

Stefan ;-)

  _____

Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Bill Reese
Gesendet: Samstag, 4. Februar 2006 15:12
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: [sw-l] ASL Sign for Chemotherapy?

A member of my late-deafened support group was trying to describe a sign he
had just learned for "chemo" (chemotherapy).   He described it this way:

"Open four hand, palm up, tap pinky to the chest where a port
would be - just below the shoulder joint, in the meat of the
pectoral muscle"

That's a little ambiguous to me as I don't know which hand or shoulder, if
the fingers are splayed or if the little finger touches once or twice.  If I
take it to be the right hand's little finger touching the chest just below
the right shoulder, palm up, thumb tucked, fingers splayed, touching just
once, would this be correct?

Bill