SIGNBANK What is happening?

Anne-Claude Pr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=laz Girod acpg at VTXNET.CH
Mon Feb 6 12:53:23 UTC 2006

does this mean we will be abvle to use it with Mac OS 9.... or do I
definitely have to change to MacOs X ???

Anny

De : "Valerie Sutton" <sutton at signwriting.org>
Répondre à : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Date : Sat, 4 Feb 2006 15:17:18 -0800
À : "SignWriting List" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Objet : [sw-l] SIGNBANK What is happening?

SignWriting List
February 4, 2006

SIGNBANK Report ;-)

When Anny found out that SignBank didn't open in Mac OS 9, I contacted our
SignBank programmer, Todd Duell, and he is coming this Tuesday afternoon to
my office to work on improving SignBank...Then, I can re-upload SignBank
once again, for those who want to download it, plus I can re-create a new CD
for Nana and others, and also update the manuals. Todd will be doing more
than just fixing that one problem...Todd will also be updating SignBank to
work with FileMaker Pro 7.0 and 8.0, which is the most up-to-date version
used around the world...so SignBank will become a better program....When we
are done, it will still be free for those who download (and for the
Philippines ;-) It will not require owning FileMaker or any other program.
Nana - Your CD was never sent because I realized there were some bugs...

So for the next 2 weeks at least, the SignBank Lessons are on hold, and I
will try to focus on SignText Lessons, which is better for all of us
anyway...

What is the difference between SignPuddle, SignBank, and SignText?

SignPuddle...Create signs online, add them to a dictionary, search the
dictionary, send email using glosses

SignBank...Create, Print, Search and Publish Multi-Lingual Sign Language
Databases...SignBank can be used to print thick dictionaries....like a
websters dictionary...easily and automatically, once the database is filled
with signs...

SignText...Create Sign Sentences and Sign Documents online or offline, send
email, no glosses involved!

Both SignText and SignWriter are ways to create documents...

OK. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

Tech support by voice or video...
Make an appointment by email ;-)