length limit

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 6 21:36:59 UTC 2006

I guess I'm looking for a "spell checker" feature so that when I'm typing directly, I dont' have to reinvent the wheel when I'm not sure how to spell something.

  Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
  Hello Charles!  Exactly! Cherie and Ingvild wrote email in sentences with Lanes...without any need for a word gloss...This changes the experience of writing email in SignWriting, because now we are getting to real Sign Language grammar issues...writing directly in the movements of signed languages, with no spoken language involved...and that is really great...The other email program in SignPuddle is still there to use, but it had been criticized by those who do not want to use glosses to write signed languages, so now we have both for all kinds of people!

  Actually Steve did develop a way to access the SignPuddle dictionary, while composing in SignText, but since SignText just was released in this new version, less than a week ago, I have not had the chance to write the manual yet...

  Steve - Can you teach everyone how to use SignPuddle to get some signs into a SignText sentence?...

  Frankly, I hope that most people will compose each sign directly in SignText without thinking in glosses...that is the whole point of SignText...

  And, SignPuddle already has a way to search for signs with different handshapes...but not related to email. When we type email in English we do not search for words in a dictionary...we type directly, and that is what SignText gives us...so there are different programs for different purposes...

  Amazing isn't it?...smile...

  Want to try it? Go to:

  SignText
  http://signbank.org/signpuddle/signtext/signtext.html

  Val ;-)

  PS. What is the difference between SignPuddle, SignBank, and SignText?

  SignPuddle...Create signs online, add them to a dictionary, search the dictionary, send email using glosses

  SignText...Create Sign-Sentences and Sign-Documents online or offline, send email, no glosses involved!

  SignBank...Create, Print, Search and Publish Multi-Lingual Sign Language Databases...SignBank can be used to print thick dictionaries....like a websters dictionary...easily and automatically, once the database is filled with signs...

  Both SignText and SignWriter are ways to create documents...

  Sutton at SignWriting.org

  Tech support by voice or video...
  Make an appointment by email ;-)

  1. SignWriting