Writing mouthing of words with SSW

Sun Feb 26 22:29:35 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
February 26, 2006

On Feb 26, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Adam Frost wrote:

>> I wonder if we are talking about two different
>> forms of writting and if it makes any difference.
>> You seem to be talking about transcribing while I
>> am talking about writing straight from my
>> thoughts. You write what you see; I write what I
>> think with most important information to convey
>> the signs that were never actually signed. Does
>> this make a difference?
>>
>> Adam

YES! Exactly. It makes a HUGE difference. Transcribing a foreign
signed language from video, writing exactly what you see without
judging the language...that is what Stefan is referring to...

...but writing what you know from inside of you, in your native
language, are two very different experiences...

And generally that is the difference between Movement Writing which
is more neutral, and SignWriting, that is more specific...

I am happy both of you are writing - please continue!