AW: [sw-l] SignWriting E-Lesson 0090

Tue Jan 3 23:48:06 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 3, 2005

Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> I am just curious about your decision to put it at that location of
> "mouth"
> I'd rather would search for it near other "tongue" options -

Hello Stefan!
Great to hear from you. Yes, I agree. They do feel more like a Tongue
rather than a Lip or Mouth - ha!

Tongues generally rotate is 8 possible directions, where the Mouth
symbols have a 3-symbol configuration...for example Eyes have BOTH
Eyes, a LEFT Eye and a RIGHT eye...and I was doing these new symbols
with a 3-symbol configuration to fit with the way Steve programmed
SignPuddle mouths...there is a CENTER and a left and right to fit the
mouth-programming...

But now that you mention it, I bet we could open these new symbols
into 8 rotations to fit with Tongues...If we do that, I will have to
rebundle SignBank but it might be worth it...the Tongues need some
improvement in other ways anyway, so I will look at Tongues in the
next few days to see what I can do...this is a software issue and how
the program functions...

I will show you all tomorrow or the next day, a new idea for the
Tongues...

smile...

Great to have your input - many thanks!