AW: [sw-l] Google logo is written in Braille today ;-))

Wed Jan 4 22:36:32 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 4, 2006

On Jan 4, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> they show in German these funny dots as Val - any idea about the
> meaning?
> See my attached screenshot -

Yes. I do know what they mean! They are written in Braille (Blind-
Writing). Braille dots write spoken languages for the blind. In this
case, the dots are spelling the word Google...(I assume
that)....notice how the Google logo is usually in the Roman alphabet
in many colors...well now they put the Braille in many colors too!
and when you click on those dots on the web, it takes you to a big
listing of documents about the invention of Braille writing (blind-
writing), by Louis Braille...I remember when I lived in Denmark they
called Braille, Blind-Writing...

http://www.google.com