USA...ASL Sign for Hey...

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Tue Jan 10 03:12:39 UTC 2006

Hi!  The sign is actually performed pretty much at shoulder level. The
arm moves from a rest position where the sides of the arm are by the
torso to be fully extended when the hand actually moves.  Just like
when you try to wave at someone ...  What I wrote is probably
intelligible, but it doesn't really capture the fact the movement of
the arm itself and the extension of the arm to be fully extended when
the wrist movement occurs.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Stuart